- Provides key nutritional building blocks for joint support including collagen, amino acids, MSM, hyaluronic acid and trace elements.
- Suitable for all horses and ponies in light to medium work, and older horses and ponies to support mobility.
- Low sugar - suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis.
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
- Tried and tested with over 2 million units sold worldwide
Cortaflex® HA Regular powder is designed for the nutritional maintenance of healthy joints in horses and ponies in light to moderate work, or older horses needing a little extra mobility support!
Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder provides a tried and tested blend of key compounds, with low sugar levels, making it suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis. Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder includes collagen, hyaluronic acid, trace elements and amino acid building blocks to provide essential nutritional support for maintaining healthy cartilage and joint fluid. Cartilage is the spongy, elastic material which covers the ends of the bones within a joint, acting as a major shock absorber, and helping to reduce friction. Joint or synovial fluid should be thick and viscous, to bathe and lubricate the joint, also acting as a vital shock absorber.
The unique blend of ingredients includes:
Collagen – one of the most abundant proteins in the body, and provides the structural framework for cartilage, to help give it strength and elasticity. We are proud to confirm that we use a sustainable and ethical source of marine collagen.
Hyaluronic acid – a key compound called a glycosaminoglycan (GAG) which helps to maintain the viscosity of the joint fluid, to lubricate the cartilage and act as an additional shock absorber.
Amino acids – to provide the nutritional building blocks for the production of the amino sugars. The best known amino sugar is probably glucosamine, which is important as a subunit for the production of other compounds called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) which then bind to the collagen framework in the cartilage, to help give it greater strength and elasticity.
MSM – provides a natural, bioavailable form of sulphur which is a key mineral for the bonding of compounds within the cartilage framework, to enhance strength, and also helps to maintain a normal inflammatory response.
Key trace minerals including manganese, silicon and copper - which all play important roles in the production of structural compounds such as chondroitin, as well as in the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid. These minerals also play key roles in the production of important antioxidants.
What are the benefits of Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder?
- Nutritional support for cartilage (collagen, amino acids, MSM and manganese)
- Antioxidant defence (MSM and copper)
- Joint fluid support (hyaluronic acid)
- Bone and connective tissue repair (MSM, manganese and silicon)
- Suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis, including those where the use of glucosamine is a concern for owners.
Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder is a complementary feed for horses and ponies to help support and maintain healthy joints as part of a balanced diet.
Additives (per kg): Technological additives: Monosilicic acid E551a 2500mg. Nutritional additives: Manganese (3b506 Manganese chelate of glycine hydrate) 3571mg; Copper (3b413 Copper (II) chelate of glycine hydrate) 1786mg; Vitamin B6 (3a831 Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 400mg.
Composition: Dehydrated Alfalfa, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Calcium Carbonate, Whey Protein, Collagen (Marine), Rapeseed Oil, Hyaluronic Acid .
|Crude Protein16.7%||Crude Fibre18.3%|
|Crude Oils1.8%||Crude Ash13.1%|
Directions for use
For 500kg horse; for initial 10 days: 14g per day. Thereafter; 7g per day.
Maximum; 14g per day. 7g (approx) measure enclosed
Other useful products
250g (1 Month Supply), 500g (2 Months Supply), 900g (4 Months Supply), 3.6kg (16 Months Supply)