To Support Your Horses Joint Health
- SUPPORT YOUR HORSE’S JOINT HEALTH – A complementary feed to support and maintain healthy joints in horses and ponies. Providing 12 g glucosamine per 30 g loading dose, as well as key nutrients hyaluronic acid and MSM, to provide nutritional support for both cartilage repair and to help maintain synovial fluid which lubricates and nourishes the joint
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - A potent combination of Glucosamine Hydrochloride, fortified with hyaluronic acid and MSM provides natural support for cartilage repair and helps maintain synovial fluid which lubricates and nourishes joints
- ESSENTIAL FOR JOINT HEALTH – The daily impact of training results in their joints not being able to keep up with the rate of repair and damage experienced. It is vital to supply key building blocks and nutrients to help maintain the quality of joint fluid
- READY TO USE – Glucosamine HCI 12000 is a ready to use and a fully balanced supplement for horses
- FEEDING GUIDE - A 1kg tub should last an average horse 66 days when fed as part of a balanced diet. Generally, for a 500kg horse, feed 30g per day for ten days. After that, 15g per day
Joint disease especially wear and tear of the cartilage which covers the articular surfaces of joints is one of the most common causes of lameness, stiffness and reduced mobility in horses and ponies. It is often seen in older horses, but can affect those in lighter work, as well those with a strenuous training and competition programme.
In a healthy joint, cartilage is continuously undergoing repair to micro-damage, but as cartilage doesn’t have its own blood supply, it relies on the bone underneath and the synovial or joint fluid bathing the joint to supply nutrients and key compounds to complete these repairs. As the horse ages, or the daily impact of training and competition increase, the ability of the underlying bone and synovial fluid to provide these nutrients may not be enough to keep up the rate of repair needed, and damage, with the resulting pain and lameness become evident.
It then becomes important that the horse receives a dietary supply of these key nutrients to maintain the rate of repair to ensure the cartilage and joint fluid retain their elasticity and shock-absorbing properties to support joint health, comfort and mobility.
- Contains a full 12g Glucosamine per 30g serve
- Provided from Glucosamine Hydrochloride (HCL) - backed by research
- Also provides MSM and Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
- Great value joint and mobility support for all horses and ponies
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
Ingredients & Nutrition
Glucosamine is one of the key compounds in supporting joint health, and has 3 important roles:
- To stimulate the production of the proteoglycans which help produce the strong, elastic, shock absorbing properties of the collagen matrix in the cartilage
- To help reduce the degradation of cartilage
- It has antioxidant properties and helps promote a normal inflammatory response.
MSM helps to promote a normal inflammatory response
Hyaluronic Acid is important in maintaining the viscosity and elastic shock absorbing properties of joint fluid
Glucosamine HCl 12000 provides these 3 key nutrients to provide nutritional support for both cartilage repair, and to help maintain healthy joint fluid to lubricate and nourish the joint.
Key Ingredients Per 30g Serving
|Crude Protein18.2%||Crude Fibre<1.0%|
|Crude Fat<1.0%||Crude Ash10.3%|
Directions For Use
For 500kg horse: for initial 10 days, 30g per day. Thereafter, may be reduced to 15g per day, to maintain the desired response.
Composition: Dextrose, Glucosamine hydrochloride , Methylsulphonylmethane (MSM), Hyaluronic Acid.
Everyday Vitamins and Minerals: to ensure key nutrients are maintained on a high forage and/or restricted intake diet.
Apple Lytes: to replace electrolyte losses through sweating
Supreme Omega Oil: great for helping skin and coat condition