Equine America are pleased to announce that we are certified members of the following Quality Assurance Schemes:
• UFAS (Universal Feed Assurance Scheme) (AIC scheme)
• BETA NOPS (Naturally Occurring Prohibited Substances) (BETA Scheme)
By complying with these externally audited schemes, we demonstrate our commitment to providing top quality equine feed for our customers.
Equine America’s QUALITY COMMITMENT
Equine America (UK) Ltd sources feed to a strict code of feed safety. Our equine feed products have been
manufactured in BETA NOPS licensed premises using quality assured ingredients under strictly controlled
production conditions and conforms to the requirements of EU and UK legislation governing the
manufacture of animal feeding stuffs. Equine America (UK) Ltd monitors for the presence of specified naturally
occurring prohibited substances (NOPS) as required under the rules of racing and other affiliated
competitions which are in line with BETA NOPS guidelines. Adherence to these guidelines ensures
that the risk of occurrence of such substances is minimised.
What is UFAS & BETA NOPS?
UFAS forms the bedrock of EU Food and Feed legislation. The scheme is audited and certified by an independent certification body, in accordance with the internationally recognised standard EN45011.
As a fully UFAS accredited supplement company we give quality assurance that we adhere to the high standards of ingredient quality and production methods used in the formulation of our products
To the consumer, UFAS accreditation means:
1. Full traceability of ingredients - from the packaged product right back to buying in the raw materials.
2. Guaranteed Good Manufacturing Practice in place.
3. Ingredients are guaranteed dioxin, bacteria, fungi and pesticide free, within EU limits.
4. No cross contamination of ingredients.
5. No external contamination of ingredients.
6. Guaranteed use of approved suppliers only.
7. Guaranteed HACCP plan (globally recognized Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) - which ensures first class quality control and uniformity of production.
Naturally Occurring Prohibited Substances (NOPS) can occur in feed or supplements as a result of a natural presence or inadvertent cross-contamination during processing. All substances classed as NOPS are included in a defined list and featured in the BETA NOPS quality assurance schemes. Companies audited under these schemes work to defined standards to help reduce the risk of feed contamination by NOPS. Companies signed up to the BETA NOPS scheme can make horse feed only on a dedicated non-medicated production line in order to reduce the risk of cross-contamination http://www.beta-uk.org/pages/feed-safety/beta-nops-scheme.php