The shows are slowly starting and horses are joining the circuit again. It has been great to see so many riders excited about going out again and back in their comfort zone. It's really important not to forget about supporting our horses whilst they are put under pressure when they are back out at these events.
Equine America has a huge range of products to support your horses during this time. If you are looking for the ultimate nutritional support for joint and muscle comfort in hard working performance horses and ponies, or for older horses to help maintain mobility. Take a look at our Buteless range.
Another essential product when competing is Electrolytes - are you feeding them?
Electrolytes are designed to replace the loss of key minerals in sweat, and encourage drinking, to help maintain hydration and performance. Just a 1% dehydration will affect performance. Horse sweat is hypertonic, meaning it is more concentrated than their blood, so it is vital to replace electrolytes lost in sweat, to promote drinking and rehydration to maintain performance.
Apple Lytes from Equine America have been carefully formulated to replace the key electrolytes and encourage drinking to help prevent dehydration and maintain peak performance in all season.
Are you looking for something to give more energy whilst competing? Especially over the long shows.
There are eight significant B vitamins horses need to maintain their health:
- Vitamin B1 – Thiamine. Plays a key role in carbohydrate metabolism which supports the conversion of nutrients into energy.
- Vitamin B2 – Riboflavin. Supports energy metabolism and production of immune cells
- Vitamin B3 - Niacin. Energy transfer in the body
- Vitamin B5 - Pantothenic Acid. Breakdown of fat and protein synthesis
- Vitamin B6 – Pyridoxine. Involved in amino acid metabolism, plays a role in haemoglobin production and is an essential factor in energy production
- Vitamin B7 – Biotin. Assists with keratin production and promotes healthy hooves
- Vitamin B9 - Folic Acid. Promotes Red blood cell production
- Vitamin B12 - Cobalamin. Promotes red blood cell production; involved in protein metabolism and in the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates
Equine America’s Pro-Pell Plus® is a daily tonic, designed to provide vital micro nutrients which are important in key areas for optimum health and performance including high levels of B vitamins, bio-available trace minerals including copper, manganese, zinc and a controlled level of iron.
Xtra Boost Hemogen contains a specialised and highly absorbable form, but controlled amounts of Iron, essential in the production of red blood cells, supported by B vitamins and accompanied by active water-soluble vitamins and minerals to maximise energy and stamina. It can be fed daily at maintenance level for horses in training or competition, and increase this for five days leading up to a race or event. It can also be used to support the anaemic horse, followed on by Pro-Pell Plus®.
Be one step ahead with Equine America UK!