Our great friend, show producer Rory Gilsenan was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumour at the tail end of 2018. Shortly after being diagnosed Rory underwent surgery to remove the tumour followed by a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Less than three months later Rory returned to the show ring and last month Rory won not one but two Working Hunter Titles at Royal International Horse Show.
Unfortunately, we’ve recently learnt that Rory’s brain tumour has returned and he will be undergoing further surgery in the coming weeks.
Equine America is a traditional family run business, founded by Phil and Julie Middleton and now run by their sons, Lee and Karl. 28 years ago, as a teenager Lee worked for former Great Showman and Producer, Roger Stack where he met Rory who quickly became Lee’s mentor and an older brother figure.
It is important for all families to support each other in difficult times therefore Equine America are launching our new EA Bloom & Condition Pellets and 50% of the money raised from every sale will go directly to Rory and his family.
EA Bloom and Condition Pellets provide:
- Slow release energy from high quality linseed and rice bran oil to promote improved condition and stamina – without excitability.
- Important omega 3 fatty acids to promote a healthy, gleaming skin and coat as well as overall health and wellbeing.
- Important amino acids (building blocks of protein) to encourage topline development.
- Fortified with antioxidants, including vitamin E and Rosemary, to help protect muscles.
- Added calcium to ensure a balanced calcium:phosphorus ratio is maintained.
We have also set up a Go Fund Me page so you can follow our progress and donate too