MSM Powder provides nutritional support for joints, skin and hooves.
- MSM, also known as Methylsulphonylmethane, is a high quality, bioavailable organic sulphur.
- Sulphur plays a key role in the production of collagen, which is a component of cartilage and connective tissue, so vital for joint health.
- Sulphur helps to support the horse's own natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant processes, and so helps joint comfort and mobility.
- Sulphur is a component in the production of certain vitamins and amino acids, including vitamin B1, biotin and methionine.
- Helps promote healthy skin, coat and hooves.
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations.
- Following the ruling in 2022 by the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities (IFHA) and the British Horse Racing Authority (BHA), it is recommended that this product is withdrawn 96 hours prior to racing.
For those competing under the Rules of Racing please note this product contains MSM and as a threshold substance under the Rules of Racing we would recommend withdrawal 96 hours before racing. If you would like further information or advice please contact our technical team email@example.com
MSM is found naturally in many fresh forages, but in very small quantities - usually in insufficient quantities to fully support the horse's own anti-inflammatory and antioxidant processes. It is also lost during the production of preserved forages such as hay and haylage.
MSM is a very bio-available source of the key mineral sulphur. Sulphur is a vital component of key amino acids such as methionine (important in hoof health), and important vitamins such as Vitamin B1 and Biotin.
Sulphur also plays a key role in the production of collagen, which is an important component of cartilage - one of the vital shock absorbing compounds in joints, and in connective tissue (tendons and ligaments).
The bioavailable sulphur from MSM will also promote healthy skin and coat, as well as stronger hoof horn, through its role in the synthesis of important sulphur containing amino acids and vitamins, such as biotin and methionine.
What are the benefits of MSM?
- Supports the horse's own anti-inflammatory processes to support joint health and comfort.
- Supports the production of collagen to support healthy cartilage, ligaments and tendons.
- Helps reduce oxidative stress.
- Helps promote healthy skin, coat and hoof horn.
Ingredients & Nutrition
Key Ingredients per 10g Serving
|Methylsulphonylmethane (MSM) 9.99g||Silicon 2.8mg|
Additives per kg:
Technological additives: Monosilicic acid E551a 1000mg.
Composition: Methylsulphonylmethane (MSM).
|Crude Ash 0.6%||Sulphur 34.0%%|
Directions for Use
FEEDING GUIDE - For a 500kg horse: for initial 10 days: 20g per day. thereafter 7-10g per day. 10g (approx.) measure enclosed. Do not exceed 20g per day unless under professional advice.
Cortaflex HA Super Fenn Powder - Powerful joint support for performance, racing and competition horses.
Glucosamine 12:10 Plus - Contains a full 12g of glucosamine