For Gastric Health
- Powerful and effective liquid formulation to help maintain gastric health and comfort.
- Contains key ingredients to help support gastric health, including pectins, lecithin, aloe vera, marshmallow root, glycine, liquorice.
- Provides nutritional support to help maintain a healthy gastric pH, including calcium and magnesium carbonates.
- Contains natural prebiotics from chicory
Equine America is BETA NOPS and UFAS assured which means that full product traceability is in place, along with a quality assurance program which minimises the risk of contamination of the feed with prohibited substances and NOPS. Products are formulated to be suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
Please note new bottle shape for 1L.
Horses are designed to trickle feed – grazing for up to 16 hours a day. This means that they need to constantly secrete acid to help digest this almost continual source of food entering their stomach. A grazing horse will also produce up to 9 gallons of saliva a day which as well as lubricating the food, also acts to buffer or neutralize the acid.
Ingredients & Nutrition
Equine America Uls-Gard Solution have been formulated using carefully selected ingredients to help maintain gastric health and comfort including:
Calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate.
Pectins, Marshmallow root and Liquorice – to help produce mucilage which acts as a physical protective barrier for the unprotected upper portion of the stomach
Aloe Vera and Glycine – to help support the gastric mucosa (lining of the stomach).
Prebiotics from chicory, to help support a healthy gastric microbiome.
Additional Management factors to help support digestive health and comfort:
- Turnout to grass where practical and possible, ideally with a placid companion, even if only for short periods.
- Ensure ad lib forage where practical. For good doers, where calories are restricted, offer very frequent, but controlled amounts of forage, with the largest allocation overnight. Select clean, but low calorie forage to enable larger amounts to be offered.
- Offer forage in different locations in the stable to encourage natural foraging behaviour.
- Try to reduce social stressors such as bullying stable mates, or proximity to the feed store.
- Feed a good double handful (or 1 round scoop) of alfalfa chaff before exercise or competition warm-up to provide a protective barrier in the stomach - even if forage is available in the stable or lorry
- Consider replacing some starch-based calories with Equine America Supreme Omega Oil in the diet .
Benefits of Uls-Gard Solution
- Natural support for gut health and comfort (Calcium, magnesium, lecithin, pectin, glycine)
- Beta Glucans from high nucleotide yeasts to support a healthy gastric mucosa
- Alfalfa and soya hulls base to provide a protective fibrous mat
- Palatable and easy to mix for fussy feeders.
- Suitable for foals at a reduced serving rate