Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder: Part Of The Cortaflex Range
- SUPPORT YOUR HORSE’S JOINTS - Cortaflex® Regular Strength Powder is a complementary feed that helps to support and maintain healthy joints in horses and ponies. Formulated for horses in light to moderate work or older horses who need extra mobility support
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Provides key nutritional building blocks for joint support including collagen, amino acids, MSM, hyaluronic acid and trace elements
- ESSENTIAL FOR JOINT HEALTH – Cortaflex® contains amino acids such as glutamic acid which is converted in the horse’s body to provide glutamine, which combines with glucose to form glucosamine – which itself then combines with other compounds to help give cartilage its flexibility and “sponginess”
- READY TO USE - Cortaflex® Regular Strength Powder is ready to use and a fully balanced supplement for horses and ponies alike. Made with a highly palatable alfalfa base, just add to your horse’s regular feed
- DOSAGE - Generally, for a 500kg horse, feed 14g per day for ten days. After that, 7g per day
Cortaflex® HA Regular powder is designed for the nutritional maintenance of healthy joints in horses and ponies in light to moderate work, or older horses needing a little extra mobility support!
Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder provides a tried and tested blend of key compounds, with low sugar levels, making it suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis. Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder includes collagen, hyaluronic acid, trace elements and amino acid building blocks to provide essential nutritional support for maintaining healthy cartilage and joint fluid. Cartilage is the spongy, elastic material which covers the ends of the bones within a joint, acting as a major shock absorber, and helping to reduce friction. Joint or synovial fluid should be thick and viscous, to bathe and lubricate the joint, also acting as a vital shock absorber.
- Provides key nutritional building blocks for joint support including collagen, amino acids, MSM, hyaluronic acid and trace elements.
- Suitable for all horses and ponies in light to medium work, and older horses and ponies to support mobility.
- Low sugar - suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis.
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
- Tried and tested with over 2 million units sold worldwide
Ingredients & Nutrition
Collagen – one of the most abundant proteins in the body, and provides the structural framework for cartilage, to help give it strength and elasticity. We are proud to confirm that we use a sustainable and ethical source of marine collagen.
Hyaluronic Acid – a key compound called a glycosaminoglycan (GAG) which helps to maintain the viscosity of the joint fluid, to lubricate the cartilage and act as an additional shock absorber.
Amino Acids – to provide the nutritional building blocks for the production of the amino sugars. The best known amino sugar is probably glucosamine, which is important as a subunit for the production of other compounds called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) which then bind to the collagen framework in the cartilage, to help give it greater strength and elasticity.
MSM - provides a natural, bioavailable form of sulphur which is a key mineral for the bonding of compounds within the cartilage framework, to enhance strength, and also helps to maintain a normal inflammatory response.
Key trace minerals including manganese, silicon and copper - which all play important roles in the production of structural compounds such as chondroitin, as well as in the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid. These minerals also play key roles in the production of important antioxidants.
Ingredients Per 14g Serving
|MSM 2500mg||Collagen 280mg|
|Manganese 50mg||Hyaluronic Acid 60mg|
|Copper 25mg||Silicon 10mg|
Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder is a complementary feed for horses and ponies to help support and maintain healthy joints as part of a balanced diet.
Additives (per kg): Technological additives: Monosilicic acid E551a 2500mg. Nutritional additives: Manganese (3b506 Manganese chelate of glycine hydrate) 3571mg; Copper (3b413 Copper (II) chelate of glycine hydrate) 1786mg; Vitamin B6 (3a831 Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 400mg.
Composition: Dehydrated Alfalfa, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Calcium Carbonate, Whey Protein, Collagen (Marine), Rapeseed Oil, Hyaluronic Acid.
|Crude Protein 16.7%||Crude Fibre 18.3%|
|Crude Oils 1.8%||Crude Ash 13.1%|
|Sodium 0.1%||Glycine 0.93%|
|Glutamic Acid 1.83%||Isoleucine 0.67%|
Directions For Use
For 500kg horse; for initial 10 days: 14g per day. Thereafter; 7g per day.
Maximum; 14g per day. 7g (approx) measure enclosed.
Available Sizes: 250g (1 Month Supply), 500g (2 Months Supply), 900g (4 Months Supply), 3.6kg (16 Months Supply)